16 March 2009

Ask Des and Lyd

Ask your kids. Share! Today!

Desmond, age 9, and Lydia, age 10, say...

1. What is something Mumma always says to you?
D: Ummmm....hmmmmm...I dunno. "Hi."
L: "Do your homework!"

2. What makes Mumma happy?
D: When I do my homework.
L: Listening to old records.

3. What makes Mumma sad?
D: Watching TV. [I think he means, him watching TV, not me sitting there and blubbering. But who's to say.]
L: If someone in her family dies.

4. What does your Mumma do that makes you laugh?
D: I don't think I remember anything.
L: Comment on weird things.

5. What was your Mumma like as a child?
D: I don't know.
L: No glasses, short...that's all I can think of.

6. How old is your Mumma?
D: 44...?
L: 45!

7. How tall is your Mumma?
D: 53 inches. [Yeaah.]
L: 5 foot 2? [Still, no.]

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
D: Make quilts.
L: Lie around and sleep, and watch "General Hospital."

9. What does your Mumma do when you're not around?
D: Talk to adults.
L: Sleep. And work.

10. If your Mumma becomes famous, what will it be for?
D: Making quilts.
L: For being a great genealogist, I think.

11. What is your Mumma really good at?
D: Cooking.
L: Cooking dinner.

12. What is your Mumma not very good at?
D: Chopping down trees.
L: Playing sports.

13. What does your Mumma do for a job?
D: Work at a store.
L: Work at a fabric and scrapbooking store.

14. What is your Mumma's favorite food?
D: Pizza.
L: Yodels and tea.

15.What makes you proud of your Mumma?
D: There's so many things!
L: Proud that she's my mom.

16. If your Mumma were a cartoon character, who would she be?
D: Truffles from "Chowder."
L: Truffles, because she's cranky and old--sorry to say that--and she has glasses.

17. What do you and your Mumma do together?
D: Make scrapbooks.
L: Look up the past of our ancestors.

18. How are you and your Mumma the same?
D: We both watch TV...
L: We're both girls...and I have the same eye color as her.

19. How are you and your Mumma different?
D: She makes dinner.
L: I don't wear glasses, but she does.

20. How do you know your Mumma loves you?
D: Because she hugs me.
L: Because I am her child and she loves me very much.

21. Where is your Mumma's favorite place?
D: Bowdoin.
L: New Jersey or New York because her brother lives there and she used to.

No comments: